In 1923 Arthur Pontius left the printing business and started A.R. Pontius Flower Shop with his wife, Florence. He and his wife grew award winning gladiolus and lilies in the lot behind the shop and sold them in the same location we remain in today. In 1980, Nancy and Mark Rondel bought the flower shop from the Pontius', and Nancy ran the shop seasonally for 24 years. Jamie Beth Platte, Nancy’s niece, purchased the shop in 2013. We are thrilled that this wonderful Harbor Springs tradition continues serving our community into its 93rd year!
Photo credit: Kelsey Maxwell